function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Haga-sanHaga-san 

Authentication Error when using Apex data-loader

When using apex data-loader , I have the error message as below.

Error message : Error logging in to Salesforce. Please check your username and password.

I tried to do it with the following information.
Is there any required settings ? I need your help.

<<information>>
setting - Server host : https://na15.salesforce.com
Username : my username for Developer edition
Password : my password for Developer edition

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AmitSahuAmitSahu
Yes, you need that..Login to SFDC and go to Setup. Under you name setup you can search for security token. You can reset that and you will get a token in your email. So when trying to login using Data loader .. Just use your password+the security token in the password fiel. Example : If you password if 1234 and security token is xyz you need to enter passwiord in DL as 1234xyz

All Answers

AmitSahuAmitSahu
server host should be https://login.salesforce.com I guess. not na15 . What is the edition you want to connect ?
Haga-sanHaga-san

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to login with 'login.salesforce.com'. But I couldn't do it.

>What is the edition you want to connect ?

Developer edition

Regards,

Haga

AmitSahuAmitSahu
you said you are using only password or security token along with the password ? Also please check if your account is locked as after 3 unsuccessful attempt your account might get locked..
Haga-sanHaga-san

Thank you for quick reply.

I am using my developer edition with no problem. I can't use ONLY apex data-loader with the same ID / PASSWORD.

Security token ? I don't have any security token. Is there any required settings for security-token ?

Thanks,
Haga

AmitSahuAmitSahu
Yes, you need that..Login to SFDC and go to Setup. Under you name setup you can search for security token. You can reset that and you will get a token in your email. So when trying to login using Data loader .. Just use your password+the security token in the password fiel. Example : If you password if 1234 and security token is xyz you need to enter passwiord in DL as 1234xyz
This was selected as the best answer
Haga-sanHaga-san

Thank you very much for your prompt action.

I could login by data-loder.

Regards,

Haga