function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kuttikutti 

Implement java application

hello dear friends,

I had one jsp application, now i want to implement my application into SFDC, if its possible or not, i have jar file and api so any one have any idea just share with me.

Have a good day.

AlexandruAlexandru

Hi,

Please give more details what you want to do.

All the best,

Alexandru

kuttikutti

Dear Alexandru 

i had one jsp application, and that application works only in browesr so i want to convert that application into cloud so this is possible or not?, i have complete jar file and sourse code .

cheers 

Senthil

pkurapkura

What's the motivation for doing this ? Do you want to use SFDC to store all your data or move the entire application to the cloud ? There are multiple ways to do this. Assuming you've a 3 tier architecture (MVC).

1) Rewrite your java application using salesforce technologies. visualforce for pages (for existing jsp), apex (for existing java) and objects on salesforce.com (similar to tables on your database). Some learning needed but can be done.

2) See if you can leverage Heroku. You can run your existing java applications on Heroku and talk to SFDC. Some learning needed.

3) A hybrid of 1. You can use your existing jsp, java code and extend your jdbc code to store data in SFDC objects instead of your native database. Simple if you just want to store your info in SFDC.

kuttikutti

Thanks to reply me, if i want to in manualy means what i have to  do, is any tools avilable in sfdc,or any pdf is avilable in internet?

pkurapkura

Can you describe in detail what you want to achieve ?

kuttikutti

Actually i had smart card application to developed by java with JAR file, so i want to integreate with sfdc if it is possible or not, if it is possible means what is way to implement this project into SFDC we have pdf or any tools avilable in SFDC,please let me explain ,

pkurapkura

I'm sorry to say that your requirements are not clear enough for me to understand to suggest any ideas or a clear solution. Based on my understanding you can make your java application talk to SFDC. You can use either SOAP or REST webservice options to talk to SFDC. Either SOAP API Developer's guide or REST API Developer's guide should be helpful. Search Google for any of these and see if this can help you.