function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Daniel HaselhanDaniel Haselhan 

PORTAL_NO_ACCESS - No Access for Customer Portal User on Clone of Default Portal Profile

Hello,

I am writing a customer portal web app using the SOAP API using the LoginScopeHeader and I can't seem to get passed this issue.

I cloned the default Overage Customer Portal User which can successfully log into the Portal through the app, and once I switch my test user over to the new Profile, I get the above error.

The Customer Portal User is still checked in the profile and since I cloned the default customer portal profile I should have the same rights.

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Sorry if I should have posted this to wrong board, I figured since this was all done through the API and in Java this was the best place. Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

I figured it out. Even though the default Portal profile was cloned, it still needs to be activated. This is done by going into the customer portal, then hitting edit under Assigned Profiles. Check your newly created profile as active and you should be good to go.

All Answers

AlexandruAlexandru

Hi,

I think it would be better to enable SSO (single sign on) for this particular organization.

This would ease probably your development efforts.

If you call APIs you must know the following:

- First your code must authenticate against the login server which may be (test.salesforce.com, etc.)

- Second once authenticated you must get the session id and the serverURL from the initial login.

- Use these two in any call you do against the API server.

Let me know if you need some code examples for this connection thing.

I will gladly provide them to you.

All the best,

Alexandru

Hey Alexandru,

I have a connection working sucesfully, I can query and recieve results, I just can't login as a user with a custom profile.

What I need to do is enable access to custom objects for Customer Portal Users. In order to do this I cloned the default Customer Portal Profile and added rights for the custom objects. Problem is that now I can't login with a user that has the new profile, I get the above error. I find this odd since I should have the same rights as the default Customer Portal Profile as well as the ones I added so I don't know what's missing.

AlexandruAlexandru

Hi,

But, you mentioned that the user trying to logon has a new profile.

Since this new profile is not part of the portal obviously it will not allow it to logon.

Maybe you should check this first:

- Check if the user exists

- Check its rights, profile, etc.

- If the above is not part of the current settings, I suggest that you do this:

- Create programatically this profile or Modify an existing one.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Alexandru

Hey Alexandru,

My bad with the wording. This is not a new profile, I created this profile by logging into the salesforce site and not through the api. I logged into salesforce and cloned the default customer profile.The user was created automatically by enabling the customer portal for a contact. What I mean by new profile is that it is not the default Customer Portal profile but one I created.

Thanks for the ideas!

I figured it out. Even though the default Portal profile was cloned, it still needs to be activated. This is done by going into the customer portal, then hitting edit under Assigned Profiles. Check your newly created profile as active and you should be good to go.

This was selected as the best answer
AlexandruAlexandru

Hi,

Ok, that's neat.

It seems to me many times these errors are of configuration nature.

One question for you:

- Have you ever tried to use this method:

queryResults.write(arg, arg1, arg3);

This method saves the records into XML format.

It works for me only for one field, but not for others.

I wonder what could be wrong...

All the best,

Alexandru