function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sridevisridevi 

How to write a select query using two tables and compare two id's?

Hi All,

I am working on salesforce to java integration through webservices

How to write a select query using two tables like QuoteLineItem and PricebookEntry and compare id's  and get the product2id . this query how to write ?

i write a query like this 

QueryResult q = binding.query("select id,(select id,product2id from PricebookEntry)from QuoteLineItem");

i am getting errors

AxisFault
faultCode: {urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}INVALID_TYPE
faultSubcode:
faultString: INVALID_TYPE:
id,(select id,product2id from PricebookEntry)from QuoteLineItem
^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:38
Didn't understand relationship 'PricebookEntry' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}InvalidSObjectFault:<ns1:exceptionCode>INVALID_TYPE</ns1:exceptionCode><ns1:exceptionMessage>
id,(select id,product2id from PricebookEntry)from QuoteLineItem
^

plz help..

varun.sforcevarun.sforce

Use as following....

select id,PricebookEntry.product2id from QuoteLineItem

sridevisridevi

Hi Varun,

ok ,I need to compare both object id's PricebookEntry object id and QuoteLineItem object PricebookEntryId

like this  PricebookEntry.id = QuoteLineItem.PricebookEntryId  if both id's same get the product2Id

How to write single sql query?

plz need help...

TrinayTrinay

Hi Devi,

To accomplish this u need to write the query using INNERJOIN. Try the following: 

SELECT PricebookEntry.id,PricebookEntry.product2id FROM QuoteLineItem INNER JOIN PricebookEntry ON QuoteLineItem.Id=PricebookEntry.Id

I hope this will helpful for you.