function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RamanaRamana 

Certificate chain received from cs14-api.salesforce.com - failed hostname verification check.

Hi there,

I am using JDK 1.5.0_19 for an application running on Weblogic server, and trying to connect to Salesforce using Partner WSDL with Bulk API version 17.0. 

Recently upgraded a Sandbox which is on salesforce CS14, and since then getting following error. Any help or advice is appreciated.

<Feb 27, 2013 10:29:00 AM EST> <Warning> <Security> <BEA-090504>
<Certificate chain received from cs14-api.salesforce.com - 96.43.144.109
failed hostname verification check. Certificate contained *.salesforce.com
but check expected cs14-api.salesforce.com>

I found an article (http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000170674&language=en_US ) in this regard, but has many certifiate files attached to it. Can any one please advice which of these attached files in this article need to be imported to weblogic server or Java cacerts and how do I do that? 

Thanks,
Ramana

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

You need to configure your SSL config to allow wildcard certificates and/or get an update to your weblogic server to get an SSL library that supports wildcard certificates. Installing the certificates from the KB article will do nothing for you in this instance.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

You need to configure your SSL config to allow wildcard certificates and/or get an update to your weblogic server to get an SSL library that supports wildcard certificates. Installing the certificates from the KB article will do nothing for you in this instance.

This was selected as the best answer
RamanaRamana

Hi Simon.

Thanks for your reply. I will give a try to get Weblogic update.

Thanks,

Ramana.

dotnetericdotneteric

Wait, so when did the notification for this go out?  And going by the schedule, why are the PROD instances scheduled before sandboxes?  Am I reading that right, do my eyes deceive me?  Does that make sense?

@Ramana - consider yourslef lucky that you stumbled upon the issue by being on cs14.  We came to work this morning to find out that 5 PROD integrations are no longer working.