function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mmiyarammiyara 

Custom button on custom object to convert to Person Account

i am attempting to create a custom button on a custom object (a recruiting-related object) that converts candidates under consideration to Person Accounts in the event that we do not hire them. i already have a custom button (JavaScript) set up on the Account object  that allows conversion from Business Accounts to Person Accounts so I suspect what I want to do is possible, but I do not know how to code it. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? I unfortunately have the Name field in my custom object (Candidate Name) set up to capture both first and last name, so I may have to move all of that text into the Last Name field on the Person Account and then edit afterwards, but that is still better than manually starting a Person Account from scratch.

Ideally I would also want to migrate the street, city, state, and zip from the candidate record to the Person Account record. Can this all be accomplished with a custom button? Can you point me to any resources that would help me work out the correct code? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Rahul_sgRahul_sg

To call a Apex class method from a button you need to define the method as "webservice".

You can call the method by using Ajax toolkit.

Below is the sample code.

Apex code:

global class class1{
WebService static Integer method1(String iTitle){

Your logic here

}

}

Custom button code:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/14.0/connection.js")}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/14.0/apex.js")}

var result = sforce.apex.execute("class1", "method1",{iTitle : noteTitle});

//Redirect to diff page or same page