function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John ParmentierJohn Parmentier 

Project: Create S-Control

In our business process, we have dividied up the State of Michigan into 9 routes that we service with an internal field staff and one region we service using UPS / FedEx. The 9 routes are not distributed by county but rather by zip codes. I was going to use a formula field to assign the appropriate route to Lead records using the commands IF and CONTAINS (i.e. IF (CONTAINS ( "48114:48116", PostalCode ), "Route-4",). However, using this technique, I will surely exceed the 1300 character limit for formula fields.

Considering the formula technique is not an option, I am assuming this function can be accomplished using an S-Control. However, I have no experience creating S-Controls and as such will need (prefer) to outsource this work.

If you are interested in creating an S-Control for this function, please contact me directly or by replying to this posting.

Thanks.

kumartskumarts

Hi,

I am interested on this project. Please let me know how do want proceed.

Are you interested hourly consulting or fixed bit for this project.

Thanks,

Kumar

Execute EZSAASExecute EZSAAS

Hi John,

If you have Enterprise edition or higher, you can accomplish this using Workflow rules and Field updates. I recommend that instead of coding S-Controls.

If you do want any help with this Workflow setup or any S-Controls development, please contact us at execute@ezsaas.com or include your contact information in your posting, so we can get in touch with you. 

Regards,
EZSAAS

John ParmentierJohn Parmentier
EZSAAS,

I had not thought about using workflow rules and field updates. I set the solution up this morning and it works like a charm. Much appreciated!

--John
Arham khan 8Arham khan 8

Sure, I'd be happy to help you create an s-control field to display a specific field in red (and bold). Can you please provide some more information about your page layout and which field you would like to highlight? Once I have more context, I can guide you through the process of creating the s-control field.

https://ehsaasprograms8171.pk/

shahzad khan 16shahzad khan 16
I'd be happy to assist in designing an S-control control field that will display one field highlighted in red (and bold). Please provide additional details regarding your website layout and which fields need highlighting - once I have this information I can guide you through each step in creating an S-control field. 8171program.website (https://8171program.website/)