function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NordbergNordberg 

Looking for SControl Expert

I am attempting to find a way to email a contact via workflow.  I know that it is not possible, but as a work around I thought that if we could at least limit the number of clicks necessary for these emails we could still launch our project.

My Goal:

To send an email to a service team memeber with a link (Scontrol) that when clicked will automatically initiate the send and email function for that conctact record and choose the appropriate template and send the email out.

Ultimatley it would take 4 clicks and change it to 1.  This would be a great time saver.

Any help would be great

Please contact me at jdnordberg@paramountequity.com
JD Nordberg

Thanks,

JD
HarmpieHarmpie
Did you consider using an outbound message as workflow action, and setting up a webservice on you web/mailserver to send out the email ?
NordbergNordberg
I have been told that this is very costly and work instensive, is that true?
HarmpieHarmpie
It could be costly if you have to invest in infrastructure/hosting for a server to host a webservice to pick up these outbound messages. If you allready have this (assuming you have a website hosted on a platform which could also host the webservice), it would only require some minor Salesforce configuration and development of the webservice to handle the outbound messages and send the mails. This does not have to be very costly..... The WSDL for the webservice is handed to you by Salesforce, any decent developer with some experience creating webservices could then easily create the service in let's say 1 - 3 days work, time depends a little on what extra demands you have for the mails sent (e.g. Want to save em in Salesforce as well ? Need variable templates ? etc.) The simpler you keep it, the less time consuming it gets.

Ofcourse 'costly' and 'work intensive' are quite subjective terms :) I guess it would be more time consuming and more expensive than the proposed work-around, but a more transparent solution to the end-user.