function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TilluTillu 

Need Sollution for this task?

I have objects Territory , policy , contact

Contact :  on contact page i have a field  "Annuity user ". this field has lookup to Territory object.

so "Annuity User" field is populated from the Territory field.

contact has relationship with policy .
on policy object i have a field wholesaler.

so now the requirement is if  policyId='3213'  then this  "Annuity User"  data should display on policy record's "wholesaler"  field.

can any one suggest trigger or any sollution pls.
Sapana WSapana W

Hi,

If I got u correctly,

Contacty has lookup to Territory &

Policy has lookup to Contact.

then you can create formula field on policy to populate the required values.

TilluTillu

no contact and policy has Master Detail Relationship. we can create policy from contacts Related list.

Sapana WSapana W

okay. Even in that case it should work. I have use such formula fields many a times. Let me know if you still face any issue

TilluTillu

I should need to display contact field value on policy field. how shoulld i use formulae field here?

Sapana WSapana W

Go to Setup->Create->Object->Policy->New Field->Formula(Data Type)->Retun Type(say text)

In formula editor type the formula. It should be like this:-

Contact__r.ContactField__c

Thanks

TilluTillu

Hi Thanks for your reply , it displaying email of user instead of name. we are very close , please help me to out.

Actually contact field is lookup (to other object).

Sapana WSapana W

Could you put your formula here and also the field name which u want to display.

TilluTillu

Contact field is populated from Territory object as i told (the text value populated is 724 from territory  and other fields also there like wholesaler name  , count)

i want other field wholesaler name should need to display how can i do?

can i take other formulae field by using this did we display this?

TilluTillu

Contact__r.Forecare_Territory__r.Wholesaler__r.Username

this is the formulae i have written in formulae field. this give email id of wholesaler other than name of wholesaler user

Sapana WSapana W

Hi,

I guess since you are displaying 'username' ,you are getting output as email Id(username could be same as email Id some times) .Also  I am assuming that Wholesaler is your User object.

Try this out.

Contact__r.Forecare_Territory__r.Wholesaler__r.Name

Thanks,