function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HarrySieHarrySie 

change default checkbox of send email notification

If I change a case owner and choose user the send email notification checkbox is checked by default, if I change the owner to a queue the checkbox is unchecked by default. Can I change this behaviour?

Best regards

Harald

Rahul_sgRahul_sg
This setting will be applicable only if you are reassigning a case to a USer not queue. i.e. you cannot change this behaviour
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Well, although you cannot change it through the default behaviour in salesforce, you could use some javascript hacks.

Basically you get the id of the chekbox first. You then place some javascript code in the homepage layout (may be in the sidebar) by creating a new HTML component. The code can then get the element id and then disable or enable the checkbox.

Further Instruction:
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/12241/default-the-send-notification-email-checkbox-to-checked

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.
HarrySieHarrySie

Hello Satish,

thanks for your reply. That is exactly what I want. The problem that I have is: how to put this HomePageComponent on the Case PageLayout. The users that want that use the Case feed view and I don't know how to integrate that.

Thanks

Harald

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
You dont need to put this HomePageComponent on the Case Pagelayout. It is added on the HomePage.
This way the Javascript will load in the browser and will execute.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.
HarrySieHarrySie

Hello Satish,

I've added that to the Home Page of these users, but it is still not working. Probably, because the Users are using Service Cloud and don't see the HomePage.

Thanks a lot!

Harald

Kamini   SinghKamini Singh
For making Send Notification Email checkbox as true, we can create a custom formula field in object and can remove the standard Owner field from the Page Layout. This custom field will work same as standard field.

Follow the given steps to create custom field in object -
  • Select the object in which you want the Send Notification Email checkbox as true.
  • In Custom fields and Relationships, click New for creating new custom field.
  • Select Formula as Data Type
  • Put Owner in Field Label and same in Field Name
  • Select Text as Formula Return Type
  • Put the given text in Formula Editor
HYPERLINK('/'+OwnerId , Owner.FirstName+' '+Owner.LastName ,Owner.FirstName) +' '+ HYPERLINK('/'+Id+'/a?retURL=%2F'+Id+'&sendMail=1','[Change]','Change')
Click Next and then Save the field
Brian George 5Brian George 5

I thought I would put a update on this thread:
To set the checkbox to always be checked on notifications go to: Setup>Customize> Cases >Page layouts>   Then select the page you want to change  then go to> Layout properties at the top of the page.   Hope this helps. This is now standard fuctionality.
Steven IJzerSteven IJzer
Brian's answer is the only correct one. 
Chris Mills 27Chris Mills 27
What about if you want to only send a notification to a contact when the case is created but not when a case is updated?

business case. The goal here is automation.

user creates case in salesforce or the salesforce publisher (outlook). Case creation email is sent to customer without the user having to manually check the notification box. 

I don’t want to set the notification checkbox to selected by default in the layout properties as this will then send an emai each time the case is updated (currently just keeps sending the case is created email). Including sending the email twice right away because I have assignment rules that occur which update the case on the back end.