function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike_M_2Mike_M_2 

Email Address Lookup only gets Co-workers, I want Contacts.

We have Email to Case set up and all that works fine, but my users want to be able to reply to these emails, which they can. However, here is where the problems start. On the "Send an Email" screen there is the "Additional To:" field. When I click on the Lookup Icon, I get the "Email Address Lookup"  pop-up window. There is a picklist field on this screen labeled "Show", and the default value is "All Co-workers in Company". In fact, not only is this the default value, it is the ONLY value. I don't want to select a "co-worker", I WANT to select Contacts!  Why can't I see "Contacts" as the "Show:" picklist value? 

I am a developer with admin privs, so is there any way I can:

1) change the behaviour of the Email Address Lookup screen through configuration

2) change the behaviour of the Email Address Lookup screen by enhancement

3) completely replace all of the send email functionality? Roll my own?

4) an App in the App exchange that addresses this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Rahul_sgRahul_sg
I dont think you can do 1 or 2.

You can add a new custom button and over ride it with a VF page and in the controller class add your own code to send emails.
Also, I believe there is limit of 1000 external emails(emails to contacts) per day.
Not sure regarding option 4.

All Answers

Rahul_sgRahul_sg
I dont think you can do 1 or 2.

You can add a new custom button and over ride it with a VF page and in the controller class add your own code to send emails.
Also, I believe there is limit of 1000 external emails(emails to contacts) per day.
Not sure regarding option 4.
This was selected as the best answer
Alex Weitz 1Alex Weitz 1
I see it been a while since this has been posted. Our portal users really want the ability to email a list of contacts. Have you figured out a solution, workaround or app that works?