function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
daniel1110daniel1110 

Visual Workflow BUG - Missing Image

Hi. Does anyone know who do I need to speak with to have a bug fixed with visual workflow?

I tried contacting Basic Support and they directed me log this problem in developerforce

I'm not sure if I'm crazy of they are, but I thought developerforce is a collaboration of external developers

In my personal experience, basic support has been subpar to say the least and lack the technical knowledge to resolve some of the most simplistic problems

Here's an explanation of this bug:

When you progress through the visual workflow from one screen to another, there's an image named loading.gif, that shows the progression 

The problem is this image is not being shown properly and shows as image missing. This problem shows up in Chrome, not sure if it's a cross brower issue

Any feedback would be appreciated

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Daniel,

Yes you are right, even after removing adons, the image "loading" is not loading on Chrome. I tested it on FF and IE also but its loading in these browser.

The issue is specific to Chrome. I will report this to salesforce support.

Thank you for bringing it up !

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

Can you try to disable all the Add-ons and check if this resolves issue. Salesforce doesn't support any add-on.

For testing you can try Ctrl+Shift+n in chrome browser and the window will open without any add-on.

daniel1110daniel1110
Good thought, but that did not work

Any other ideas?

Thank u,

Daniel
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Daniel,

Yes you are right, even after removing adons, the image "loading" is not loading on Chrome. I tested it on FF and IE also but its loading in these browser.

The issue is specific to Chrome. I will report this to salesforce support.

Thank you for bringing it up !

This was selected as the best answer
daniel1110daniel1110
How long do you think it will take to have something like this fixed?

Daniel
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Daniel,

Its difficult to estimate a time, it depends on severity of the bug and impact on other functionalities.

Once severity is identified R & D communicates a tentative date of fix and it gets added to the list of known issues (https://success.salesforce.com/issues_index) from where we can find when and on which instance the issue will be fixed.

pbaileypbailey
Hard to believe this is still outstanding - give me a break.

Can someone tell us how to use our own image since this is too difficult for Salesforce - happy to add a static resource gif if I knew where to reference it from. Have spent an hour searching, can't find anything - I don't want all of our users to have to look at an ugly missing image graphic everytime a flow is executing.

SIGH!

benton22cbenton22c
I'm having this same issue but in FF and Chrome. There has to be a work around. Can we get some help here SF?
Primer17Primer17
#BUMP!

Can we get an answer on when this will be ressolved? Our client isnt to pleased showing 400+ users this broken image. If no resolution can you provide me the visual force code to fix this issue?

Thanks
RSGRSG
Same issue and nothing has been corrected on this.  Their team doesn't support 3rd party apps (blah blah blah).  The only alternative is to uncheck "Block thrid-party cookies and site data".  I've tried multiple "Manage Exceptions" but none of them work.