function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
-_--_- 

Deleting profiles with DestructiveChanges.xml and Force Migration Toolkit

Hi All, I am trying to rename a few profiles and it looks like that's not really possible. You have to clone your existing and rename it at that point. This is all well and fine, however we have automated deployments and therefore are using the force migration toolkit and as a part of this process once the profiles are correct in our lower environments we need to promote them to our higher environments. The process we thought would work is deleting the profiles from the higher environments using the desctructiveChanges.xml and simply deploying the new profiles as usual. However, the destructiveChanges.xml doesn't seem to be deleting the profiles (although nothing fails). Which leads me to my question, can you delete profiles this way? or is this a scenario for a manual change because profiles touch so many other items, and there may be active users underneath them etc. Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
-_--_-
Was able to accomplish this. The short answer to my question if Profiles can be deleted via FMT: Yes Considerations: Make sure ther are no users under the profile The destructive changes file is case sensitive Hope this helps someone in the future. Thanks