function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BradCBradC 

Search by metadata fields in the case portal

Please forgive me if this isn't the proper board to ask this.

I am wondering if it is possible to search by metadata fields in the SFDC case portal. On our instance, we use fields such as "status", "priority", "community", and "contact" and we are wondering if there is a way to query a result set based on the content within these fields.

For example, if I want to search for all cases that have a priority of 3, a contact of "John Smith", and a subject of "pickle", I would type something like: "priority:3 contact_name:john smith subject:pickle". Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, what syntax should be used? I haven't been able to find much information on this thus far, and the example above doesn't work.

Thanks much for your assistance!

Brad

REKREK

Hi

If you want this in a simple way...you can just create a view and apply filter like ..priority is 3 and subject contains pickle in this...or

If you want to show Records  when they search for one single word Pickle...then go for a VF and write a controller

It works like as when they search for Pickle..it shows all the recs which are having pickle...

Regards

Rekha.N

BradCBradC

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this won't suite our needs as it doesn't work with the built in search component in the SFDC case portal. We need our customers to be able to search for specific pieces of metadata from the core component (assuming it is possible).