function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iluvbebailuvbeba 

First and Last Name Display

I've been working on my own implementation of Salesforce and loving it. I have Person Account with some custom fields. In my setting, I need to track the name of a host home provider for a student.

So I've created two custom text fields, Host First Name and Host Last Name. I've got these added to my Account record detail and they work as expected. 

However, I would like to be able to have them display on one line like the account name does. Right now each field is separated. I would like a similiar functionality like the built in Account Name where you click it and get a pop-up window of Title, First Name, and LastName... although i don't necessarily need the title field.

Is there a basic way to do this? Any help is much appreciated.

Jia HuJia Hu
create a custom field with filed type as Formula,
use the Formula, such as, Full Name = LastName & ", " & FirstName to show the full name
Scott_VSScott_VS

iluvbeba wrote:

I would like a similiar functionality like the built in Account Name where you click it and get a pop-up window of Title, First Name, and LastName... although i don't necessarily need the title field.

I believe the Account Name pop-up you are talking about is the lookup field. It actually links to another object, so the separate fields are part of the Account object, not the Person object.

If I'm right, then the only way to replicate this is to replace the Host First Name and Host Last Name with a lookup field to another Person object. You can call this field "Host" or "Host Name". That should provide you with a pop up window to create a new Person who will represent the Host.

rohitsfdcrohitsfdc

iluvbeba wrote:

However, I would like to be able to have them display on one line like the account name does. Right now each field is separated. I would like a similiar functionality like the built in Account Name where you click it and get a pop-up window of Title, First Name, and LastName... although i don't necessarily need the title field.

Not possible through configuration changes. You can do that trough visualforce page and controller but that require a lot of coding. So best way is that you can use formula field and evaluate your desired outcome

ArikArik

Visualforce i sthe only way