function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
skk169skk169 

How many SF releases per year?

Hi,

I know, there r  3 SF releases per year.  Every year at which specific dates the new releases will be released? and the new releases will immediately impact the existing SF instance? or it will enhance after admin customizes/allows?

kindly let me know the detail procedure how it works..

Thnks in advance 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The exact dates are published a month or so in advance - trust.salesforce.com is the best place to find out the exact date for a particular instance.

The new release will immediately impact your SF organization as the entire instance is upgraded.  Some features are turned on by default while others require an administrator to activate (and sometimes a new license add-on).  The release notes give full detail of all new features and how they are activated.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The exact dates are published a month or so in advance - trust.salesforce.com is the best place to find out the exact date for a particular instance.

The new release will immediately impact your SF organization as the entire instance is upgraded.  Some features are turned on by default while others require an administrator to activate (and sometimes a new license add-on).  The release notes give full detail of all new features and how they are activated.

This was selected as the best answer
skk169skk169

Thnks for the reply..

may i knw r there any rough dates? releases every year..like  Jan month: Spring, April: Summer, Oct: Winter like this..?

Indeed I couldnt find history tracking of past releases in trust.salesforce

Thnks in advnce..

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

My rule of thumb is Spring = Feb, Summer=June, Winter=Oct, but I have seen the spring release pushed back to march in the past.

jebaraj pandianjebaraj pandian
Hi Bob,

Is the season (Spring = Feb, Summer=June, Winter=Oct) specific to any country? like below
Spring in San Francisco
March-May
Summer in San Francisco
June-August
Winter in San Francisco
December-February

Thanks....