function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ben_hizakben_hizak 

Need a multi clone script

Hi All,

I am a new administrator of salesforce to a small company.
I am comfortable with most aspects of Salesforce, but have no experience in Visualforce or Apex.
I need to design the following, and would hire someone to hold my hand / write it for me..
I also need some visualforce help aswell, which I will post seperately, obviously, I would prefer to work with one person to do both.

What I need
  1. A script that would mass duplicate records of a custom object,
    Some fields copied
    Some fields nulled
    Some fields changed in a predetermined way (add 7 days to date)
  2. The script is to be associated with a button, on the custom object's page (I know how to make a button)
  3. a script that will not encounter the APEX governor limits
  4. the script is expected to copy about 200 records, once a week
    with the possibility of copying more in the future
  5. I may require help installing and testing the script.
How we would proceed:
  1. Please send me an offer for your time in helping me develop the script. hopefully, a one-off, lump sum payment is better then a per hour.
  2. if you have written a mass-clone script in the past, it should be only a minor change, that I could probably do myself.
  3. Anything I'm forgetting?
I'm available on skype: benhizak (adding me to skype, please mention salesforce project)

Thanks,

Ben

+44 75 0403 6430
JakesterJakester

Hi Ben,

A friend and I have actually recently finished building a tool that will do exactly what you're describing. It's called PowerClone. Please contact me at dancingjake <at> gmail.com for more details. I look forward to speaking with you!

-Jake

JakesterJakester
You might be interested in a new app that we have just released on the AppExchange called PowerClone. It's capable of up to 99 copies of a record, allows you to define rules for how the copy works, and can also copy child objects. It's fully native code, so it runs fast and installs easily. Give it a try!
http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000001SRXAEA4