function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mshelmanmshelman 

setpassword in Office Toolkit?

I;m trying to use SFDC api in Cold Fusion and have encountered great difficulties using java (multiple versions of Axis??) However I found that the office toolkit works very well in Cold Fusion. But we are trying to implement single signon for selfservice users and it appears that office toolkit does not implement the crucial setPassword method. Any suggestions or ideas, workarounds for this? It is urgent.
foghornfoghorn

Version 3 of the toolkit doesn’t support the setpassword call (the server call came after the interface was locked down).

You have the option of rolling your own setpassword soap request and using the Session->MakeHttpRequest method to send the bits.

You can use an xml do, or the built-in (on the session object) sax parser to examine the results.

The 4.0 version will support it natively, though the date of the 4.0 release has not been locked down.

mshelmanmshelman

Thanks very much, this looks doable. Any sample code or further guidance available?

Mike

foghornfoghorn

Heres a sample setpassword soap request:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/resources/soap/sforce60/sforce_API_messages_setPassword.html

The only thing to be aware of is you need to use your current sessionid (session->SessionId)

mshelmanmshelman
Thanks foghorn I seem to have this working
ParchuriParchuri

Can you please provide the syntax to call MakeHTTPRequest syntax for SetPassword method using office toolkit