function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rbuchananrbuchanan 

Login to SFDC object in ASP does not work on server

Not sure why, but the vbscript I wrote in an .asp page (not asp.NET) runs fine on my local PC webserver but gives me an error message when I try to run it from the server where it will eventually reside.  I installed the "Connect for Office" software on the server.   Here's the simple code I'm trying to run just to establish a connection:

<%@ language=VBScript %>

<%   dim  sfdc

Set sfdc = server.createobject("SForceOfficeToolkit3.SForceSession3")

If not sfdc.login("username", "password") Then

Response.write "Login error: " & sfdc.ErrorMessage

End If

On my local PC, it runs fine - no error messages.  On the server, I get this message back from the sfdc object:

Login error: Unable to send request to server.  Access is denied

Any thoughts?  I thought maybe the security token might be necessary as I'm using a specific user account to log into SF, but I was able to actually log into the Salesforce SFA using that account without needing a token, so I assume the IP address is trusted.  By the way, I can run this code (with a little modification of change the response.write to "msgbox") in an EXCEL macro ON THIS SERVER and not get any errors.  It seems to not like it only when running from this vbscript in my ASP page.

SuperfellSuperfell
The ASP script is run in the context of a user with very little privileges, and it would appear it doesn't have enough privileges to make the outbound socket connection. You may have to use some of the auditing tools to find out exactly which one needs changing.