function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chocoholicchocoholic 

Expanding Excel Connector functionality

I have done some evaluating of the Excel Connector and feel that it will be a valuable solution to our problem, however I think steps involved are going to be too cumbersome for the users do on a daily basis.

Basically I want to be able to create an excel spreadsheet with functionality built through macros, which have the ability to call the functions from the Excel Connector (i.e. refresh data, insert, update).

Is there any documentation that defines what the functions are so that they can be called from another macro/function?

dmthorntondmthornton
Not sure if you got your answer already, but I would start with: http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/

You basically have access to the source code by using the visual basic editor in Excel. The Salesforce specific functions/subroutines seem to be faily well commented. I'm new to Salesforce, but definitely not new to Excel development. From my observation, it shouldn't be too difficult to write some macros that leverage the excel connector functions.

I'm not sure how well versed you are with Excel VBA, but if you need another set of eyes, I'm willing to help. This could be something useful for what I'm trying to do as well.

Let me know,

Dave