function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
99Raj999999Raj9999 

Do i need to update Partner WSDL & Enterprise WSDL references?

Hello

I am using .net code c#. We are using both Partner WSDL & Enterprise WSDL.

Few years back we have created some fields in opportunity objects. For some resion we are not using them anymore.
Now we have decided to remove those fields from opportunity objects.

My question is that, Do i need to update Partner WSDL & Enterprise WSDL references? or it will be work with the existing one?

Thanks in advanced.

Rajesh

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Mike LeachMike Leach

It's a good practice to always update to the latest Partner WSDL for each major release (currently Winter '10).

The older Enterprise WSDL may continue to work as long as the deleted fields aren't referenced, but again, best practice to update after major changes. 

All Answers

arcsoftwarearcsoftware

I believe you would only need to update the enterprise wsdl.

From what I understand (reading docs), the entire purpose of using the partner wsdl is to avoid having to update it.

T

Mike LeachMike Leach

It's a good practice to always update to the latest Partner WSDL for each major release (currently Winter '10).

The older Enterprise WSDL may continue to work as long as the deleted fields aren't referenced, but again, best practice to update after major changes. 

This was selected as the best answer
SuperfellSuperfell
Well, we goto to a lot of trouble to version the api so that you don't need to upgrade after every major release. Upgrade if there's new features/data you want to take advantage of.