function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mromanimromani 

Error Accessing Salesforce data through ASP.Net page

I'm currently trying to access Salesforce from my asp.net page using the salesforce-dotnet api (Gaiaware).

But when i try doing a query (search for a name or another field or something) i get this error message (from within VisualStudio):

" Unable to automatically step into the server. Connecting to the server www.salesforce.com failed. The Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor (MSVSMON.EXE) does not appear to be running on the remote computer."

Also i get this error as well (right after it):

System.Net.WebException was unhandled by user code
  Message="The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error."
  Source="System"
  StackTrace:
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at Gaiaware.Salesforce.Utilities.GzipWebRequest.GetResponse() in C:\Documents and Settings\Techcenter2\Desktop\SalesForce Stuff\salesforce-dotnet-0-1\Gaiaware.Salesforce\Utilities\GzipWebRequest.cs:line 154
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
  InnerException:

I dont really know what to do to fix these problems...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

HUGOBOSSHUGOBOSS

You should try using the salesforce provided wsdl file, and add the web reference to your solution. Then you could connectusing your credentials.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index.htm

If you are already using the API, then you should make sure you are pointing to the right environment with the right credentials.