function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mromanimromani 

Batch Updates

Hi, my company has just joined SF, and we want to migrate our data from our DB to SF.

I already created all the structure (objects / tables) in SF, so now all thats left is to push my data into SF.

I wrote a .NET app which utilizes the salesforce API to add the data, but i just realized that we have a max 5000 api calls per 24hr.

So i was just wondering, is there a way i can do batch upserts, that way i dont go over the limit?

Sample Code: sforce.UpsertResult[] upResult = binding.upsert("LangID__c", objList);

objList is an array, so i was wondering, can i just add a bunch of objects in there and then make the call to do the upsert? Is there a limit to how many i can add in this array of Objects?

Whats the best way to go about this?

Thanks for the help!

SuperfellSuperfell

Using the enterprise/partner API's you can pass upto 200 rows per upsert/update/create call.

If you switch to the new bulk API, you can pass upto 10,000 rows per batch (i think its 10k, check the docs).

mromanimromani

Ok thanks!

Just one last question.

How do we get the new bulk API? Is it already available?

SuperfellSuperfell
Yes, its available. The docs are available from this page http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Integration
mromanimromani
Thanks man! I appreciate the help!