function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rcravenrcraven 

The sobject property of the describeGlobal() Call is returning 0 results?

Per the Winter 10 release, the describeGlobal result's "types" property is no longer supported in favour of a new "sobjects" property which returns an array of DescribeGloablSObjectResult.

However, the result set is always 0 records, because the "sobjects" property is always null.  Are we missing something, or is this a bug?

DescribeGlobalResult describe = Auth.getBinding().describeGlobal(); if (describe != null) { DescribeGlobalSObjectResult[] dgos = describe.sobjects; //replaces String[] types = describeGlobalResult.types; foreach (DescribeGlobalSObjectResult dgr in dgos) { System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("### TEST : " + dgr.ToString()); System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("### TEST : " + dgr.name.ToString()); } }

Message Edited by rcraven on 12-21-2009 06:18 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rcravenrcraven

Durrr, user error.

Even though the WSDL was based on verision 17.0, I was setting the Login binding.URL based on an App.Config value which was version 14.0.  I updated my Url reference, and now see the sobject property results.

Thanks!

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell
Sounds like your using the latest WSDL, but are not making your requests to the v17 API endpoint, where are you getting your serverUrl from ?
rcravenrcraven

I'm using the Enterprise WSDL extracted from our SF production instance not more than 2 days ago.  This in turn is used to create the proxy object in .NET.  I've ensured to update the proxy a number of times.  I've verified that the Soap Service Endpoint of the WSDL file is using version 17.0.

The describeGlobal() call seems to be working as the property for maxBatchSize is set to 200?  However, the sobjects property is always null??

SuperfellSuperfell
And you're calling login? or are you getting the serverUrl from a custom link ?
rcravenrcraven

Durrr, user error.

Even though the WSDL was based on verision 17.0, I was setting the Login binding.URL based on an App.Config value which was version 14.0.  I updated my Url reference, and now see the sobject property results.

Thanks!

This was selected as the best answer