function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shirlzshirlz 

Web to lead works in debug mode only

Hi,

I have form that does a post to Salesforce using WebRequest and then does a response.redirect to itself with an appended query string. I find that the record gets inserted in Salesforce only when the optional Salesforce debugging elements are enabled. However, when I comment out the debug fields, it fails to be inserted in Salesforce. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Message Edited by shirlz on 03-14-2010 04:52 PM
JulianneJulianne
I believe we may be noticing the same problem. Did you ever hear back from anyone regarding this?
shirlzshirlz

Sorry Julianne nothing yet.

Could someone please help us out with this. Would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

ocortinasocortinas

Can you give me a little more information or code of what are you trying to do?

Thanks

ArmlockArmlock

Here is the problem I thought I had.

When I installed the form on my test page, I filled it out and clicked submit.  It correctly redirected me to my forms success page, but nothing ever showed up in in the leads section of my salesforce account.  I tried adding the debugging code.  This time I got email saying I had a new lead and the lead showed up in my account.  The only difference was the debugging code, so I thought the debugging code made it work.  Turns out that wasn't what was happening.

Here is what was really happening.  For me as a new user the default setting under the lead tab is for recently viewed leads.  You can find that setting in a dropdown box over to the right under the leads tab.  So salesforce was only showing the leads that I had already looked at.  The reason the leads from debugging were showing up was because during debugging they sent me an email which had a link to the lead.   So when I clicked on the link, I viewed the lead and like magic it showed up in my leads tab.

So if your problem is the same as mine just change the dropdown on the right from recently viewed to recently created and hopefully your leads will magically appear.

I hope this saves some one someone from a little confusion.  For the record, yes I feel dumb but there are a bazillion settings on this thing to be missed.