function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
steven75steven75 

How to dump Account, Contact, Opportunity to local database

Hi,

I am new to SalesForce.  I know ASP, VBscript, MSSQL db, and some PHP and MySQL.   I would like to know if there is a way to dump the Account, Contact, Opportunity to a local MSSQL database?   I have been searching for last few days in the forum, but couldn't find any good document show me how to accomblish this.   The biggest thing is I have no clue how to connect to SalesForce data, then query Account, Contact, Opportunity, then after that I know to INSERT those data in the local MSSQL database.

Anyone has example if the VBScript, ASP.... anything would help?

Thanks,

Steven

SuperfellSuperfell

I would start with the getting started guide in the API docs. http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index.htm

There are also existing tools / products like the Data Loader and ForceAMP that can make this easier (very easy in the case of ForceAMP)

steven75steven75

Thanks Simon,

I followed the document and this is where I am stuck.  After I clicked "generate Enterprise WSDL".   it generates a XML file.

"---------------------------------------------------------------

• Click Setup | Develop | API to display the WSDL download page.
  • Download the appropriate WSDL:
    • If you are downloading an enterprise WSDL and you have managed packages installed in your organization, click Generate Enterprise WSDL. Salesforce.com prompts you to select the version of each installed package to include in the generated WSDL.
    • Otherwise, right-click the link for the appropriate WSDL document to save it to a local directory. In the right-click menu, Internet Explorer users can choose Save Target As, while Mozilla Firefox users can choose Save Link As.
  • "---------------------------------------------------------------

Later, it referes to use "Add Web Reference" and point to "enterprise.wsdl" file?  I am not sure how to convert the XML file above to "enterprise.wsdl" file?  

"

To add a Web reference:

1. On the Project menu, choose Add Web Reference.
    2. In the URL box of the Add Web Reference dialog box, type the URL to obtain the service description of the XML Web service you want to access, such as:

file:///c:\WSDLFiles\enterprise.wsdl

"

Please help,

SuperfellSuperfell

the XML file you downloaded is the enterprise.wsdl file.

steven75steven75

Thanks Simon,

I am using MS Visual Web Developer 2010 express.  So i was able to "Add Web Reference",  and right-click at the project name, the select Add Reference as instruction below (step# 5), but could find where I can browse to the XML Web Service?

-----------------------------------------

To add a Web reference:

1. On the Project menu, choose Add Web Reference.
  2. In the URL box of the Add Web Reference dialog box, type the URL to obtain the service description of the XML Web service you want to access, such as:

file:///c:\WSDLFiles\enterprise.wsdl

3. Click Go to retrieve information about the XML Web service.
  4. In the Web reference name box, rename the Web reference to sforce, which is the name you will use for this Web reference.
  5. Click Add Reference to add a Web reference for the target XML Web service. For more information, see the topic “Adding and Removing Web References” in the Visual Studio documentation.
  6. Visual Studio retrieves the service description and generates a proxy class to interface between your application and the XML Web service.

-----------------------------------------

Please help,

SuperfellSuperfell

Add Reference is not the same as Add Web Reference. In the newer versions of VS, i believe its add Service Reference -> advanced -> add web reference.

steven75steven75

Simon, really ppreciated you're helping me on this.  I am little confused.

I already "Add Web Reference" and pointed to the enterprise.wsdl file.  So in VS Solution Explorer shows, sforce under Web References.  According the instruction step# 5,  it said I need to add another one using "Add Reference"?  or do you think I only need the "Add Web Reference", which I already did?  

Thanks again,

SuperfellSuperfell

You only need to add the web reference.

Sundar Kanna 7Sundar Kanna 7
I have the SFDC latest and verified dumps for Salesforce Administrator (ADM 201), Advanced Administrator (ADM 211), Platform Developer 1 (CRT 450), Platform App Builder (403), SalesCloud Consultant (CRT-251) and ServiceCloud Consultant (CRT-261) SU'22. Many of them cleared their first shot. 200% assured & accuracy. If anyone interested, mail me at - sundar.kanna119@gmail.com