function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nvgoghnvgogh 

Multiple Notifications in Outbound Message

When does the SF system decide that it needs to put multiple notifications in an Outbound Message?

Is that when multiple objects are effect within one (mass) update?

Thnks for the replies

SuperfellSuperfell

its down to what's in the queue at the point in time the delivery attempt is made, there's no relationship between the notification batching and the end user transactions that created the queue entries (other than a transaction that creates 5 queue entries is likely to create 5 entries with the same delivery date), but the batch may include records from multiple transactions, or a single transaction may end up being split across multiple messages.

mahtamahta

Hi Simon,

Actually I have similar question. I'm new to salesforce, I want to know if it is possible to setup workflow to send a message with multiple notifications. I checked the workflow setup and it seems it is based on creating or editing entities, which the message gets created. So I don't know how I can send multiple notifications in a message.

Thanks

Mahta

SuperfellSuperfell

If you do a batch update (i.e. an API call with 200 rows) that'll likely trigger a message with multiple notifications in it.