function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlwaysConfusedAlwaysConfused 

Enterprise WSDL Rerencing ... Regeneration?

Does anyone know how one would go about regenerating the enterprise WSDL based on the default base url and a given set of account details being known.

I'm trying to build a generic way of talking to any SF implementation that we can reuse for all our customers that use SF.

At the moment I have to add the Web reference manually using VS for each individual customer project.

It would be cool if I could just use something to pull the latest definition during execution.

Most of my code simply uses datatable objects and reflection to "map" columns to sobject properties so this is the only thing that would hold it back so far.

SuperfellSuperfell

You should take a look at the partner API, its a more generic interface that stays the same (at the WSDL level) for different organizations, so that you can build a single application that'll work for lots of different customers.

Simon,

How do you get custom objects / object differences with a generic API?

I need a current and accurate object type definition, I don't think the partner API does this.

Of course I could be wrong?

Do you have an example of how I might use this to work with say ... Contact objects from 2 different sf logins?

SuperfellSuperfell

You'd use the describeGlobal/describeSObjects call to determine exactly which objects & fields are available to the calling user.

I c ...

requires a lot of refactoring but i guess it could be done ...