function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
apurswaniapurswani 

Event and EventAttendee is having redundant data.....

Hi,

Can anyone tell me that why Event is having redundant data?

Ok let me tell you the senerio ; I had created one event with two attendees. Now,

1. I found three rows in Event table. one for the person who created event (say event creator) (logically correct)

2. and two rows for attendees in Event table. (here is the redundancy)

3. two rows in EventAttendee table. (logically correct)

Now my query is that when salesforce is having EventAttendee table and creating appropriate records in this table then why it is creating two more rows in Event table.

Why Event table is having three rows. Also I would like to add one more thing here is that there is a relationship between Event and EventAttendee table and found that in EventAttendee table both rows are having same EventId which is logically correct. And this EventID in EventAttendee table is nothing but the ID in Event table mapped to the row pertaining to the creator of the event. which is again logically correct. i.e. Event Creator's ID should be mapped with both the records in EventAttendee.

But why to create Three records in Event (one for event creator and two for attendee) whereas logically attendee's records should go to EventAttendee table only.

Now you may be wondering why I had raised this query when it is being maintained by salesforce ....well let me tell you the reason to raise this issue. I had been assigned to write a program to create event but now I am confused that once user and clicked on createEvent button in aspx page shall I create three records in Events and two records in EventAttendee (assuming there are two attendees)

-Anil

AlwaysConfusedAlwaysConfused

Ok, you're a bit vague on the actual implementation but I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark on this one.

I'm guessing that when you create the event object you try to create it with the attendees in the date you pass.

Try creating a new event object which should give you back a unique id for that new event then make separate calls for adding the attendees.

It may be that you're mixing up your calls somewhere.

apurswaniapurswani

Thanks for reply,

My query was not that how I can make an entry using Event object through .net.....but my query is that when I am creating Event(USING SALESFORCES WEBSITE) there it creates redundant entry.

so is that salesforce is creating redundant entry in Event for attendees or it is having some intension to create those entries in Event as well as in EventAttendees.

My logic says that Event should contain only one entry for each event (not for each attendees) and EventAttendees should contains multiple entries (one for each attendees)

Now when I am using .Net what should I do shall I too create multiple events in Event table (one for each attendees  like salesforce is doing when you use it using their own website) and create multiple rows in EventAttendees too....

OR Else

shall I create only one rwo in Event and multiple rows in EventAttendees (per attendee)

Is there any logic why salesforce is creating multiple rows in Event(per attendee) and multiple rows in EventAttendee(per attendee)?

Hope this has clear my question....

-Anil

AlwaysConfusedAlwaysConfused

Hi Anil,

I would examine the raw data and see what's in it.

If the rows don't appear to be unique then it's likely to be duplication.

Myapologies for not understanding you correctly but I figured as you posted in the .Net development forum this was an API / development related question rather than an issue you were having with the salesforce website.

have you tried speaking to SF support, normally this sort of thing can be answered real easy.

If I was trying to do this I would write code to add only what I felt was the correct number of rows in each table then look at what the website user interface shows me and adjust the code to suit.

Salesforce does do some odd stuff at times.