function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nrwingnrwing 

Soap Client I/O Warning - failed to load external entity

Warning: SoapClient::SoapClient() [function.SoapClient-SoapClient]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/wsdl/enterprise.wsdl.xml" in C:\xampp\htdocs\SforceBaseClient.php on line 121

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [WSDL] SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from '/wsdl/enterprise.wsdl.xml' in C:\xampp\htdocs\SforceBaseClient.php:121 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\SforceBaseClient.php(121): SoapClient->SoapClient('/wsdl/enterpris...', Array) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\sf_rodopi_importer02.php(16): SforceBaseClient->createConnection('/wsdl/enterpris...') #2 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\SforceBaseClient.php on line 121

Above is the problem/error I am having.  I am just getting started on using PHP versus VBA to connect to salesforce and have worked my way through several errors but have gotten stuck on this one. 

The code is pretty basic

<?php

/*

*/

error_reporting(E_ALL);

require_once('SforceEnterpriseClient.php');

define("DEBUG", true);

$conn = new SforceEnterpriseClient();

$conn ->createConnection('/wsdl/enterprise.wsdl.xml');

$mylogin = $conn->login(person@company.net, "password");

$query = 'SELECT Name from Account limit 5';

$response = $conn->query($query);

?>

With the actual error being caught at this which is part of an include file.........

$this->sforce = new SoapClient($wsdl, $soapClientArray);

return $this->sforce;

Any thoughts/help........need further explanations?

Thanks,

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
Do you actually have the enterprise WSDL in the file path it's referring to?  Seems like the most likely explanation is the simplest one -- the file is just missing.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
Do you actually have the enterprise WSDL in the file path it's referring to?  Seems like the most likely explanation is the simplest one -- the file is just missing.
This was selected as the best answer
pbergman2000pbergman2000

The above comment offers a hint to the solution. 

The code provided by SFDC uses  something like:

$mySoapClient = $mySforceConnection->createConnection("/soapclient/enterprise.wsdl.xml")

However, if you look at the error message, the system is looking for a full path to the file. I found replacing the "/soapclient/..."  with "/home/content/customer/html/soapclient/..."  worked to solve this problem.  Try using the full path to your file and it may resolve the error.