function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
colingcoling 

'No such column' error for (Standard) fields

Hi there,

On behalf of multiple users of my app, I am seeing a strange (and new) error message for SOQL calls from my external php script. I wonder if anyone else has seen the same thing.

This has only started recently. To make matters worse, this is happening intermittently.

For example:

INVALID_FIELD:
LastModifiedDate from Lead where Rating = 'Appointment'  AND Rating_Stage__c
                                 ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:73
No such column 'Rating' on entity 'Lead'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
 last_request=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns1="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com"><SOAP-ENV:Header><ns1:SessionHeader><ns1:sessionId>4c3300D300000000NP8!ARYAQGXabi9hjTpvOz8PQJcSqRRmqMI1FytodtYLu4SId1YouyBLmfsdHwbC0HbCLpLNatoxWvS7YknC3oZDV4NNDYjmpogj</ns1:sessionId></ns1:SessionHeader><ns1:QueryOptions><ns1:batchSize>50</ns1:batchSize></ns1:QueryOptions><ns1:CallOptions><ns1:client>xx</ns1:client></ns1:CallOptions></SOAP-ENV:Header><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns1:query><ns1:queryString>SELECT Id, Email, Status, CreatedDate, LastModifiedDate from Lead where Rating = 'Appointment'  AND Rating_Stage__c != 'None'  AND Day_of_Visit__c != ''  and  Id = '00Q5000000MJVoKEAX'  and IsConverted = False  and IsDeleted = False </ns1:queryString></ns1:query></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

last_request_hdrs=POST /services/Soap/u/8.0/4c3300D300000000NP8 HTTP/1.1
Host: na2-api.salesforce.com
Connection: Keep-Alive
User-Agent: PHP-SOAP/5.2.0
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
SOAPAction: ""
Content-Length: 872

As you can see, 'Rating' is a Standard field!! The error message is perplexing, to say the least. Anyone else have this problem?

I also have examples of the same kind of error message, where the field referenced is a Custom field - this is not limited to Standard fields.

I have logged a case for this but support seems to be distracted at this time (what's going on?) - hence this posting.

I sincerely hope that someone can help.

Thanks in anticipation.

Colin Goldberg

SuperfellSuperfell
Just because its a standard field doesn't mean its visible to the user. THe field can be hidden via FLS, which would mean that it doesn't exist as far as the API is concerned for that user.

Is it included in the list of fields returned by describeSObject("lead") ?