function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NaliniNalini 

sync salesforce with Mysql

Hi,

I want to sync salesforce with mysql with a single button click.Is that possible, if so plz tell me what are all

the possibilities. Can u plz guide me.     

Regards,

Nalini

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
EgoehringEgoehring

Nalani,

I would suggest looking at some of the development done by Mike Simonds or mikesimonds.com. He has a great starting point for this type of app.

Personally, I start with a full download of the database and then check regularly for changes either by the CreatedDate or LastModifiedDate of the tables to update any changes in the database and sync it with SalesForce.

It can be done, but it takes some work.

All Answers

EgoehringEgoehring

Nalani,

I would suggest looking at some of the development done by Mike Simonds or mikesimonds.com. He has a great starting point for this type of app.

Personally, I start with a full download of the database and then check regularly for changes either by the CreatedDate or LastModifiedDate of the tables to update any changes in the database and sync it with SalesForce.

It can be done, but it takes some work.

This was selected as the best answer
NaliniNalini

Hi,

Thank you so much,i checked Mike Simonds website and  i used php scripting languge  to sync salesforce and Mysql using XAMPP software,now i am able to fetch the records from SF to Mysql , but as a next step i just want to create a button in sales force and with a click of the button i need to connect to Mysql.

Is that possible? If so plz guide me with the further steps. 

Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)

In order to do what you are looking at you will need to create a web service (SOAP or REST) on your end that you can connect to from Salesforce. You can do this using PHP on your web server and there are plenty of examples of how to go about it on the net and even in the PHP documentation.

Once you have the web service running you can send it just about any command that you want to implement, including one to start up your data synchronization, using the session inforation you receive. The preferred way of doing this on the Salesforce side is using APEX code, but even an s-control will work, especially if your PHP code is really doing all the work.

Park 

NaliniNalini

hi,
thanks for ur info,i know to write apex code but iam a newbie to call external webservices from apex so can  u plz post me some sample codes of how to call a external webservice from apex.

Regards,

Nalini

Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)

Take a look at the documentation in the Wiki, for example, http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/MassNoteInsert.js and this recent example on the blog: http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2009/02/calling-web-services-from-a-trigger-.html. They should give you plenty of ideas.

Park 

adamgadamg

An additional option is cloudconnect.com; unlike the other options listed here is a true -as-a-Service offering, so you all you need to do to get started is enter your salesforce credentials. Cloudconnect.com will provision and manage the database (Heroku Postgres or AWS MySQL), and will maintain a near real-time bi-directional synchronization.

David GardelDavid Gardel
Yes, it`s possible with help of Skyvia (https://skyvia.com/data-integration/replicate-salesforce-to-mysql).

It`s cloud-based for no-coding integration with a clear-cut design. Skyvia automatically creates MySQL tables and keeps data up-to-date with incremental updates option.
Billy JimenezBilly Jimenez
I agree with David, Skyvia is a quite cool tool for integrating SF and MySQL. The price is reasonable as well, comparing to over-priced Boomi or Informatica.