function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
zeezackzeezack 

Admin login system

I've been requested by the client to establish a login system....that allows a user of salesforce to connect via the php toolkit...

I'd rather let them use their salesforce login details then create a system locally, to keep all things tied into salesforce.

What fields should I look into....not seen any that resemble what could be the system admin thing.

zeezackzeezack

This is an urgent request. I need to create a phptool kit based login system... connecting a profile to an external page.

Is there a way of using the profile table to do this...but I can not find the password field.

SuperfellSuperfell
You can't find the password, but you can use the login call to authenticate the user.
zeezackzeezack

Thank you for your reply, please elaborate on the login call.

Where can I see this in operation.

SuperfellSuperfell
http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/PHP_Toolkit_13.0_Samples
zeezackisbackzeezackisback

The problem is that the accounts that need to login to salesforce - are not members of salesforce.

I have tried creating a login sytem.... start my session ok, but when it connects to salesforce to retrieve information...I think another session is generated and I can no longer retain data via the session cookies.

I get a header can not be reinsiated errorr and loose my session data directly after trying to call salesforce using the phptool kit.

any suggestions?