function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ira42ira42 

PHP Toolkits and PHP versions

I had developed a CMS integration with SF using the v.11 toolkit.  My clients recently upgraded their Linux server to Apache 2.x and PHP 5.2.9,  and my Salesforce scripts stopped working...

I'm trying to figure out the issue,  but looking at the Toolkit info pages on the API pages is leading me 'round in circles.

The v.11 toolkit requires 5.x  so this shouldn't be an issue,  right?  I thought I could just upgrade to the v.13 toolkit,  but this requires PHP 5.3,  which is not even production stable  (it is RC right now), and I really need relationship queries.

So,  do ANY of the toolkits actually support PHP 5.2.9?  And is there some sort of test script to ensure that the server is compatible with the toolkit?

The error I get with the most basic connect script, using the proper login/pass/token/ and enterprise wsdl,  is "Cannot connect to host".

The server software was compiled with Soap,  Curl, OpenSSL, etc.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks!

SuperfellSuperfell
I would suspect given the error message, that this is nothing to do with PHP versions, and more of a networking/firewall issue. do you have shell access to the server in question? if so you can quickly check if its a general connectivity issue vs a PHP issue.
ira42ira42

Hey Simon,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Good to know that it might not be the PHP version!

I do in fact have shell access,  but not sure what to test for exactly.  What command line should I try, in order to troubleshoot?

Tx. 

SuperfellSuperfell

curl or wget would be the easiest.

curl -v http://www.salesforce.com

if you don't have those, then good ole telnet will do it

telnet www.salesforce.com 80

[it'll either connect,or give an error, if you get a connection, type "GET / " and press enter twice

ira42ira42

Hmmmm...  Nope,  I've tried curl (and wget),  and both methods worked,  so does this rule out a network issue?

Had a look at the server setup (using WHM),  and while the old setup was using FastCGI to run PHP5,  I see that apache was compiled to run PHP 5.2.9 using DSO,  not CGI or FastCGI... I wonder if this is related?  As a test,  I added an htaccess rule to force the SF connect folder to use the old FastCGI script to run the php file and it connects now (because the old FastCGI was running PHP 5.2.6).

So confused!!  Any pointers would be amazing, tx.

ChasJollyChasJolly

ira42 - Did you finally solve this problem? I have the same connection issue and wondered if it was a problem with my PHP version.