function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RyanGaraygayRyanGaraygay 

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out [Outbound Message]

I'm trying to work on Outbound messages using an asp.net web service as endpoint but i keep on getting the Read timed out error (viewed from the OM queue delivery status) and not even one of the messages went through.

I am almost 100% certain that the code I have is the same as those in the tech note OM sample using C# and the "Building a Listener" article

I have turned off my firewall, using a static ip (and could connect to the endpoint).

Could it be really be some connectivity issues or i'm just missing something in the implementation.

Will try on the different server and post the URL tomorrow. Appreciate any help.
RyanGaraygayRyanGaraygay

http://202.128.32.43/SalesForceNotificationsListener/Service1.asmx

i turned firewall on but i'm guessing it's not the problem. Appreciate any comment. Thanks

SuperfellSuperfell
Can't get a connection to it, your firewall must be blocking the traffic.
RyanGaraygayRyanGaraygay

Deployed on another server and worked fine. Probably also because of connectivity issues.

But just wondering ports should be open for it to work?

Thanks for the comment

Deepika GulatiDeepika Gulati

I am getting this error "java.net.SocketTimeoutException" when trying to Query Records on Task object Exactly one minute after the Query was triggered.

Is this Related to Network issues or because of the Query getting timed out.

As accoding to API docs, Query takes 2 minutes to get timed out so not sure of the second cause.

Can any body please help in this.

Below are the error logs:

[07-Jan-2013 04:00:07:825 INFO  GenerateFile main]  Going to fetch Task record from SFDC .....
[07-Jan-2013 04:00:07:825 INFO  QuerySFDC main]  Query string prepared : Select Name,Value__c from Merkle_Config__c
[07-Jan-2013 04:00:08:543 INFO  QuerySFDC main]  Query string prepared : Select  t.id,t.Primary_Reason__c, t.Primary_Disposition__c, t.OwnerId, t.CreatedDate, t.CallType, t.ANI__c ,t.WhoId,t.WhatId From Task t where  t.RecordType.Name in('CTI Inbound Record','CTI Outbound Record')  and (t.Primary_Disposition__c   != null and t.Primary_Disposition__c !='Order Started') and  t.What.Id  != null and t.Sent_to_Merkle__c=false  and t.CreatedDate=LAST_N_DAYS:7
[07-Jan-2013 04:00:42:466 INFO  QuerySFDC main]  Query string prepared : Select  t.id,t.Primary_Reason__c, t.Primary_Disposition__c, t.OwnerId, t.CreatedDate, t.CallType, t.ANI__c ,t.WhoId,t.WhatId From Task t where t.RecordType.Name in('CTI Inbound Record','CTI Outbound Record')  and (t.Primary_Disposition__c   != null and t.Primary_Disposition__c!='Order Started') and t.What.Id  = null and t.whoId !=null and t.Sent_to_Merkle__c=false  and t.CreatedDate=LAST_N_DAYS:7
[07-Jan-2013 04:01:43:076 ERROR EnterpriseSession main]  Exception in EnterpriseSession: query: RemoteException:-; nested exception is: 
 java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
[07-Jan-2013 04:01:43:076 ERROR QuerySFDC main]  Failed to get Call__c from SFDC succesfully, the error message was: Error while creating binding soap service; nested exception is:
[07-Jan-2013 04:01:43:076 ERROR GenerateFile main]  Failed to get Tasks from SFDC succesfully, the error message was: Error while creating binding soap service; nested exception is:

Thanks