function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ZitizonXZitizonX 

xtma_Individual_Email_Result__c

Hi all,

Where can I find information about "xtma_Individual_Email_Result__c" object/Table? I couldnt find any info in the API related docs or SF search.

Thanks

X
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
That's a custom object ("__c"), so there might not be any documentation on it, or might be internal documentation. A Google search shows up nothing, which suggests that there isn't public documentation on the object; take a look at the "Created By" field on the object and contact that person. If it was an AppExchange app that was installed, you should contact the vendor.

~ sfdcfox ~
ZitizonXZitizonX
Thanks sfdcfox,

Do you know how to link/connect a lead or an account with a custom object. Do they work like objects or tables in a database system. Hope I didnt confuse you. 

For example, say that a Lead object links with a xtma_Individual_Email_Result__c object. How can I acces xtma_Individual_Email_Result__c data? 

Thanks agian.

X
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
You can link the object by using a "lookup" or "master-detail" relationship to the lead object from the xtma_individual_email_result__c object (setup / build / custom objects / <object name> / new <custom fields and relationships> ). You might even already have such a field, so look before you create something.

In terms of the API, the custom relationships work like sub-queries in SQL, so you can do:

select id,firstname,lastname,email,(select id,name,custom_field__c from xtma_individual_email_results__r) from lead

(My apologies if the SOQL isn't quite right, it's late here).

This would give you a list of leads with a sub-list of email results on the lead. You could also reverse the query if it makes more sense, as well, such as:

select id,name,custom_field__c,lead__r.id,lead__r.firstname,lead__r.lastname,lead__r.email from xtma_individual_email_result__c

That type of call will give you a flat list that you can use in a traditional fashion (that is, the result looks like a normal SQL query, with one line per email result and duplicate lead data to fill in gaps as necessary). You might want to take a looksee at the documentation on SOQL-R for more information on querying that type of data.

~ sfdcfox ~

Message Edited by sfdcfox on 06-12-2007 12:59 AM

ZitizonXZitizonX

Thanks very much  sfdcfox.. This will help me in heaps. Sleep well mate I will post up the final solution if i get it right...Thanks agian...

X