function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rassarassa 

new to sforce.com

i would like to developed a crm tool using sforce.com

the tool will be used by showroom reps.  features will include, order entry, invoicing, commissions and sales analysis reports.

where i a good place to start.

adamgadamg
If you are not familiar with salesforce.com, I'd recommend you start by running through the tutorials and help available as part of your developer edition account; when you are familar with the concepts and processes of S3, your best bet is probably to run through the sample code available on this site.
rassarassa

where can i download the tutorials from please.

after a search through the site i was unable to find the tutorials.

thank you

adamgadamg
I was refering to the tutorials on your developer edition account - when logged into S3, look for the help icon on the upper right part of your screen.
rassarassa

i'm afraid i did not notice a tutorial in this section, i had already visted it, the only avail page is the following which i do not beleive is for developers, please confirm:

For Team EditionTM Users

For Professional, Enterprise, and Developer Edition Users

For Enterprise and Developer Edition Users

You can access these tutorials within salesforce.com by clicking My Setup at the top of any page and then selecting the tutorials links.

We also offer free online training for Personal, Team, Professional, and Enterprise Edition users. These sessions can help you learn how to make the most of the service. Click Training at the top of any page to schedule and take a training class.

mobileTestmobileTest

Hi rassa,

The best way to start developing sforce applications is by becoming familiar with salesforce.com.  You can do this using the tutorials that you found.

The next step is to download the unit test samples from the resources section of the sforce website.  The samples include standalone apps that excercise one piece of the api at a time.  Of course, all the samples include login code and that is the first place to start.  I recommend the describer sample to become familiar with the xml parsing required for handling return values.  Our API currently has only 12 methods that you wil need to become familiar with so it shouldn't be very long before your task is one of application architecture rather that API implementation.

rassarassa

thank you that helps