function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mceruttimcerutti 

Connecting with ASP.net client

I am able to run the sample code and access the API using windows clients.  However, when I change my code to be an ASP.Net client, I am unable to connect.

Any thoughts?

adamgadamg

Do you have any specific error informaiton you can provide?  This certain should be possible (and has been done in the past.)

Regards,

Adam

mceruttimcerutti

I just found the problem 20 minutes ago.

The winform client was using the proxy settings from the profile for the logged on user.

The web client uses the profile of the System account.  So, I had to set the proxy in the web client.

domdom

I had this problem also and resolved it by setting the proxy server via the machine.config file.

It is located under the .NET framework directory eg.. C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG

You set something like..

<proxy usesystemdefault="false"
       proxyaddress="http://wireless:8080"
       bypassonlocal="true" />

Consult .NET documentation for more information...

Dom

SimplySfdcSimplySfdc

Hi all,

I got the same exact problem in porting application from VB.NET to ASP.NET. I am not sure about proxy server and WinHTTP, could you please inform me more datails? If there are any sample will be great.

Thanks,

sq

SuperfellSuperfell
You shouldn't need to change the machine.config, just put the relevant settings in the local web.config, or programaticly set the proxy.