function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian.ax17Brian.ax17 

Problem with .Net Toolkit

Hi,

I've just downloaded the .NET Toolkit and installed it. (After removing the old version). Now I get the following when I start VS.NET:

Exception in sForce Add-in.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException ()x800401F3): Invalid class string
  at EnvDTE.Windows.CreateToolWindow(Adinn AddinInst, String ProgID, String Caption, String GuidPosition, Object& DocObj)
  at sForce.Addin.Connect.CreateToolWindow()

followed by:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at sForce.Adin.Connect.CreateToolWindow()

Any suggestion?

Brian

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Brian,

Please verify that you are using VS 2003 for me.

ASmithASmith

I'm having the same issue and am using VS 2003.  Please help.

Andrew

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi ASmith and Brian,

Due to an oversight in the construction of the MSI for the toolkit, a dll was excluded.  You should also replace a dll.  In the attached zip file are 2 dlls and a batch file.  You should unzip the entire zip file into the location where you installed the toolkit, typically

C:\Program Files\Salesforce.com\sforce Developer Toolkit for Visual Studio .NET 2003\Bin

You will be replacing the sforce.AddIn.dll file and adding the VSNetToolHostShim.dll.

The batch file simply registers the VSNetToolHostShim.dll to the registry using regsvr32.

A newly compiled version of the MSI with the changes mentioned above will replace the one in the resources section of the web site by wednesday morning if you would rather just wait and re-install.

When you download this zip file, change the extension from .zp to .zip.

Brian.ax17Brian.ax17
That's fixed it thanks.