function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jason777Jason777 

Pass date value into a variable in a flow

I need some help passing a date value into a variable in my workflow.  I am trying to pass the value in the custom field to a variable in my workflow.  I can pass all text values without issue, but the date fields keep returning an error

Flow encountered an error when processing and converting between data types. Please check the flow and ensure all data types are matched correctly.

Salesforce Error ID: 1474339761-7824 (-1636893436)

I am trying to pass a date field from my object to a variable that is also a data type of date.  The fields pass correctly into a text field without issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

imutsavimutsav
are you getting the error in the workflow or when you are trying to save the record? tell me more about your objects are business rule
Jason777Jason777

I created a custom button that will pass variables back into my workflow from my object.  It passes all of my text fields appropriately, but my date fields it will not pass the values to the variables in my workflow.

I get the error when I click the button and it is trying to pass the value in the custom field in the object to the value in the variable in the workflow.  Both are designated as "date" data types.