function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ranjith kumarranjith kumar 

Can we create standalone application(desktop) application on Force.com

Hi, i have a knowledge in java, using which we can create standalone applications, window like applications using swings in java. Examples of those applications is mp3 player, calculator, etc...

Can we create the same in sales force? 

Please answer to me? 

Thanks in advance...

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You cannot create a standalone application in salesforce. You can create the Visual force page with the same functionality by implementing the logic.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You cannot create a standalone application in salesforce. You can create the Visual force page with the same functionality by implementing the logic.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You can create desktop applications that connect to salesforce.com, but the inverse is not strictly true. Salesforce is purely in the cloud, although offline applications might grant access to data while disconnected from the server. So, you could create a contact manager that syncs with salesforce.com, or you could create a program that runs reports offline using online data.