function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nlsnydernlsnyder 

Change sort order on QuoteLineItems to sort on 2 fields

I see there is a sort button on the QuoteLineItems.  By default it is for the product name.

I also see on the Quote Layout Page that you can check which buttons show up (Add Line Item, Edit All, Sort).

But can I customize the sort.   We want to sort on 2 fields.  

I see another post on this forum for changing the Quote Line Item sort order (https://na9.salesforce.com/p/setup/link/CustomResourceLinkList?pageName=Opportunity&type=Opportunity&setupid=OpportunityLinks&retURL=%2Fui%2Fsetup%2FSetup%3Fsetupid%3DOpportunity)

It shows adding a global webservice MRsort.    This references OpportunityLineItem and to change the Opportunity_Line_Item__c to Quote_Item_Number__c.   So this sounds like I need to add a custom field to OpportunityLineItem.   But I don't see that object in salesforce?   I have Quotes and QuoteLineItems.   I have Opportunities and OpportunityProducts.    I can add the webservice but I need to reference OpportunityLineItems?

How do you get access to OpportunityLineItem to add a custom field?  Our system admin does not know and said that I was an admin too.   Is there some security access that I need to set to see this?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
yvk431yvk431

Opportunitylineitem is nothing but Opportunity Product , Opportunity Product is the label and OpportunityLineItem is the API name.

--yvk