function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
One_Kitchen_GuyOne_Kitchen_Guy 

Quote Line Items + Drawloop

Hi All!

I Hope this makes sense..

I am attempting to use Drawloop to generate agreements based off of quotes our sales reps build. The issue I am running into is I want to determine whether the any of the products the reps selected contains "Wood" in the custom "Product Material"  field, and if so add a specific addendum which contains the warranty and disclaimer for our wood doors. 

The approach I am taking is as follows

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create a custom "Quote Line-item" formula field called "IsWood"..

IF(ISPICKVAL( Product2.Product_Material__c ,"Wood"),1,0)

Create a "Quote" Roll-Up Summary field called "TotalWood" which adds all of the "IsWoods"

Then in Drawloop > DDP > Select Files > Options (cog icon) > Section: choose advanced and set the filter condition to

Included if <<Quote_TotalWood>> is Greater Than 0.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where im getting hung up is the "Quote" Roll-Up Summary wont let me aggrigate "IsWood" because it is a formula field and not a number field, even though its return type is "Number".

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Well you cannot aggregate formula fields when you use rollup.

There is an idea for this on the ideaExchange.
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000Bra0AAC

That said as a workaround you can, create a normal number field and use a workflow field update to copy the value in the formula field to this new field you created.
The value of the formula field is now in the number field you created.
You can use this number field to rollup in the parent object.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.

All Answers

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Well you cannot aggregate formula fields when you use rollup.

There is an idea for this on the ideaExchange.
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000Bra0AAC

That said as a workaround you can, create a normal number field and use a workflow field update to copy the value in the formula field to this new field you created.
The value of the formula field is now in the number field you created.
You can use this number field to rollup in the parent object.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.
This was selected as the best answer
One_Kitchen_GuyOne_Kitchen_Guy

It Worked!!

Thank you Satish, I have been trying to figure this out for days.