function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DaBabaDaBaba 

intallation package - a new section on contact tab

Hi, 

Our company is providing a solution to an existing salesforce user.

Their existing CRM need to show data from our database, what we did is create a website and get customer name and postcode from query string, then display the information, we integrate this web page in contacts tab as shown below.(The Rapport Infor section is showing our web site)

Trouble is deployment, we do not have access to live system, so we have to write a deployment guide for their developer, it is a manual procedure.

It there any way to create a installation package or app which could do this automatically?

I know some app could create a new tab in salesforce, but not sure whether it is possible to manipulate existing tab.

screen

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi,

This is possible through visualforce if you create a Visualforce section on the contact standrad page and on this vf page show the data from the external system.

To add a vf page on a standard page layout : follow the instructions as given in the link below:

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/9179/how-to-add-a-vf-page-to-event-standard-pagelauout

To show external site data on vf page - check the following site:

http://ankit-rustagi.blogspot.in/2013/01/to-integrate-salesforce-with-external.html

Hope this helps!

DaBabaDaBaba

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

I am afraid what you suggested is not about my original question.

We have done visualforce section and added it to contact page, not a problem, but that is on our dev box.

We now need to deliver that to our client, but we are not allowed to access it, we could ask client's developer to do it manually, 

but it would be much better if we could create a installation package which could install it automatically, it is possible?

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

My answer to this would have been package, but unfortunately you have updated a standard object page object which we would not be able to edit through package.

Another workaround is to deploy this through Force.com IDE or ANT tool but you do not have access to the system as you said.

Guess you will have to go ahead with creating a guide.