function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mbforcembforce 

Creating Recruiting app

Hi,

I am very much new to the salesforce

I am creating recruiting app using a following book

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/fundamentals/salesforce_creating_on_demand_apps.pdf

in its security and sharing data section I have created a user Phil Katz, and trying to make this as a DBA owner as per the steps given in the book but I am getting error saying

Transfer Requires Read The new owner must have "Read" permissions on this type of record.

Click hereto return to the previous page.

how to get it resolved, how to provide read access to this new user.

please suggest

Thanks,

Manish.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SabrentSabrent

Refer to https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_license_types_available.htm&language=en_US

The first few lines of the docs  will tell you why you can't grant Read access to the user Phil Katz whose licence type is "Salesforce Platform" and profile is "Standard platform user""

As Satish suggested, for Phil Katz, change the User licence to salesforce and then try changing the profile to 'Standard Profile'.

Since in your org, all the user licence are in use by active users, you first need to free up atleast 1 license.

To get an overview of your org's user liceses go to ,

Administartion Setup > Company Information > scroll down to the section User Licenses .

In order to free up atleast 1 license and give Phil Katz the necessary access do this -

Users > click on a user that has the standard user profile > Click Edit > Chnage the User License and Profile to something else. > Save

Now go to the User detail page of Phil Katz and Change the User license to Salesforce and Profile to Standard User.

Hope this helps.

All Answers

SabrentSabrent

This is a permission issue.

check the profile permission for Phil Katz.

mbforcembforce

Hi Rov,

I have created two permission sets, namely "hiring manager" and "interviewer"

but i am not able to assign any permission set to Phil Katz.

I am performing following steps

Setup->manage user-> user->phil Katz->Permission set assignment

here I am not able to see any permission sets.

Please suggest

SabrentSabrent

Setup->manage user-> user->phil Katz

Under the User Detail Section search for Profile . Click on the the Profile Name

click Edit .

Then Scroll down to Custom Objects .

Search for the object on which you are trying to change the owner.

Make sure that the check box for Read is True.

mbforcembforce

Thanks Rov,

I checked user profile for Phil Katz, it is "Standard Platform User"

I am trying to change the owner of object "Positions" 

in custom object permissions for "Positions" object Read checkbox is not true. 

could you please guide me how to change it to true. as these checkboxes are not editable and no Edit option available there 

Thanks,

Manish.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
What is the User licence. Is it 'Salesforce'. Change it to salesforce and then try changing the profile to 'Standard Profile'

Regards,
Satish Kumar
SabrentSabrent

On the Profile Detail Page , at the top of the page is the Edit button.

I am assuming you are logged in as System Administartor.  

Let me know of you still have problem changing profile setting.

mbforcembforce

Hi Satish,

for the said user current licence is "Salesforce Platform"

when I am tryng to change the user licence to "salesforce", its giving error all the user licence are in use by active users.

so I have to add edit option in "Salesforce Platform" Licence, for the profile "Standard platform user"

I am editing the profile "Standard platform user" but in that custom object permissions are not editable.please suggest how to edit those to add read access to custom object.

Thanks,

Manish 

mbforcembforce

Hi Rov,

on the following screen

Setup->Manage user->Profile->Standard Platform user

I am editing the profile "Standard platform user" but in that custom object permissions section is not editable(none of the permission section are editable).please suggest how to edit those to add read access to custom object.

I have logged in as system Admin, still I am having problem in changing profile setting

Thanks,

Manish

SabrentSabrent

Refer to https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_license_types_available.htm&language=en_US

The first few lines of the docs  will tell you why you can't grant Read access to the user Phil Katz whose licence type is "Salesforce Platform" and profile is "Standard platform user""

As Satish suggested, for Phil Katz, change the User licence to salesforce and then try changing the profile to 'Standard Profile'.

Since in your org, all the user licence are in use by active users, you first need to free up atleast 1 license.

To get an overview of your org's user liceses go to ,

Administartion Setup > Company Information > scroll down to the section User Licenses .

In order to free up atleast 1 license and give Phil Katz the necessary access do this -

Users > click on a user that has the standard user profile > Click Edit > Chnage the User License and Profile to something else. > Save

Now go to the User detail page of Phil Katz and Change the User license to Salesforce and Profile to Standard User.

Hope this helps.

This was selected as the best answer
mbforcembforce

Thanks Rov,

Following steps and information provided solved the issue. I really appreciate the your help and support.

Thanks,

Manish.

SabrentSabrent

I am gald , i could be of help.

Hitesh ChillappagariHitesh Chillappagari
Hi all!
Just to followup 
Recruiter profile has R/C/E and view all permission on position object.
but the OWD on the position object is public read only due to standard employee(which is another profile and this profile should only have read only premission on position object).
Now there is a conflict between Recruiter profile permissions and OWD(OWD is more restrictive taking away the recruiters ability to edit any record).
The book says to create a sharing rule to add edit permission to recruiter profile.

Am confused with the way the sharing rule is defined....
Condition is that "Recruiters need read and update access on every position, candidate, job application, and review record that exists in the app."
but the book defines its sharing rule in the following way::

Object                   Rule label                            Owned by                             Should be shared with            Access level

Position                 Edit Positions         The role and subordinates                The role and subordinates          Read/Write
                                                                 of the Recruiting Manager                 of the Recruiting Manager

Am wondering how would recruiter have access to edit all the records with the above owned by condition. When I apply this rule and try to edit any position record is throws an error 
"You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. For more information, see Insufficient Privileges Errors. 

Click here to return to the previous page."

Am I missing something here or is it a mistake in the book. I think the owned by should be public group all internal users which works perfectly.

Thanks in advance!!
sharon sebastiansharon sebastian
Where can i get the recruitment app builder pdf ?