function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Teach_me_howTeach_me_how 

"Report Type" never been used in any report ?

How can i create a list of "Report Type" that never been used in any report?

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
I dont think there is a direct way.

I had a similar requirement to find out all reports with a certain criteria.
I did it by retrieving all the reports Metadata and then running a script i have written.

In your case as well, you will have to retrieve the metadata of all the reports and also a list of all the reporttypes.
You can then write a script (in any language of your choice) to get the list of report types and match them against the report metadata.

Complex but possible.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Teach_me_howTeach_me_how

Given that you are system admin  you can retrieve the metadata of all the reports but when do you say "all the reports metadata"  do you think that the report created by users that not in public folder are included here?

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
No.
The metadata api does not retrieve any reports which are in the users Personal folder.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Teach_me_howTeach_me_how

I saw that we can create report on reports that will give you the list of of reports with report type however i want to consider if getting info from metadata is more reliable than this report on reports approach?

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
You may be able to get a report with all the report types.. This report will have a list of all reports in your org with the reports types.
However, there will be report types which are not used by any reports in your org.
And the requirement is to get all such report types. So if somehow we get a report of all the report types (irrespective of whether they are used or not), and then match with the salesforce report, we will be able to fulfill our requirement.
But how do we get a list of all the report types. Metadata API can help you get a list of all the report types.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Also you mentioned about an administrative report to get a list of reports along with the report type.
I got the report but could not find the report type field to add in the report.
May be i am looking in the wrong place. Could you please let me know which report to check in my org to get a list of reports along with their report types.

Thanks,
Satish Kumar
Teach_me_howTeach_me_how

you cannot add the report type field in the standard administrative report,

You must create new custom report type on report object to be able to include report type field in the report

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Got it thanks.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Hi,
Were you able to find a solution to this?

Regards,
Satish Kumar