function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Venky1219Venky1219 

Communicating with objects via Rest web services

Hi all ,

I have custome object and rest web service to explore the object in database.com , I need to get that custome object fields using webservice into my sandbox .(I gone through rest api refference guide I am able to create a rest web service but  I am not able to get that in sandbox .)How to do that please give basic instructions step by step I am new to this concept

Peter_sfdcPeter_sfdc

I'm afraid you've managed to do this in the opposite way that we recommend. Normally we would suggest building the custom object in the Sandbox, testing there, then deploying that change to production.

No worries, though. 

You can use any Metadata API tool to take that custom object and deploy it from production to test. For instance, you can use the Force.com IDE to create a project that points to your production environment. 

Make sure to include your custom object in your project. 

Once done, use the "deploy" feature to take that custom object and deploy it to your sandbox. 

An alternative, is to simply perform a sandbox refresh. But be careful!!! Doing a sandbox refresh will completely replace any customizations in the sandbox with what is currently in your production system. This is an all-or-nothing action, and cannot be undone. 

Hope that helps.