function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ilauderilauder 

Salesforce integration with VBA (where to start)

Okay, I'm new here, spent the last 5 hours going in circles just trying to find the Office toolkit and dlls.  I can find the manuals and references to go to the developers home page and download the toolkit, but I can not find it anywhere and most references to links I'm finding are dated 2006-2007.

What I'm ultimately trying to accomplish is this:    I have a macro enabled Word document with an extensive application written in Visual Basic for Applications that generates proposals.  It is currently installed on a users PC as a standalone Word document with a collection of Word document templates that are converted into a final proposal document merged with users contact information and clients contact information.

I want to integrate my existing VBA application with SalesForce.com to pull in contact information from SalesForce.com and output our assembled proposals in a way/location that works with SalesForce.com

The development environment for our VBA application is Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications 7.0 (the Office 2010 version however it works with versions back to Office 2002).   Also ours works with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2010.  Does Salesforce.com's Office Toolkit support the new Office 2010 32-bit and 64-bit?

I have found references to an older Office Toolkit with a demo that sounds like it along the lines of what I'm doing.  Is there a link to that demo (it was described in a 2007 support posting as a Word document with a macro that shows how integrate with Salesforce)? 

I can not find any links or ways to download or install the "Office Toolkit" from either my developer login, or my force.com login in the Setup area.   All I can find is the Office Toolkit manual.

How do I get started?

Ian

foghornfoghorn

You can download from here

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Web_Services_API#.Net_and_Visual_Basic

lots of good stuff in there.  You shouldn't have a problem using it from VBA version x; there are good examples of most things on this site.

ilauderilauder

Thanks, I just found the MSI installer link (the salesforce site makes it look like its just an alternate installer for the documentation), also the DLL name doesn't match the documentation.  But I was able to get it installed into my VBA and I can see the functions now in the object browser.  Should be good to go for at least doing some initial playing around.

CJMCCMDCJMCCMD

Ugh - that link is now broken.  Can anyone point me to where that file is?

Thanks