function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rbuchananrbuchanan 

Classic ASP code executes a successful query but cannot get result

Hi.  I'm using classic ASP and the 4.0 version of the SForceOfficeToolkitLib to run a simple select query to retrieve the unitprice value from a record in the PricebookEntry object.   The query runs fine, but when I do the "for x in y"  where y is hte queryresultobject, the code inside the "for" loop is not giving me the answer.   I have a response.write immediately after the line where I move the query item into a variable, but the variable is not being printed out.   There's no error message - it's as if it's not going into the "For" loop at all.  I queried the "size" value and it equals 1, which is what I expect as I'm trying to get the unit price for a single part number in the pricebook entry object.  Here's the code.  Can anyone tell me why the UnitPrice is not coming back to me?    pbID is a parameter containing the pricebook ID and rs is a ADO (Active Data Object) recordset object containing the part number I want to query.  The queryresult object is created when the line of code executes that says "Set SFPrices = sfdc.query(strSQL, false)"     However, I don't have a class string to create the sObject4.   Could that be the problem??

strSQL = "Select UnitPrice from PricebookEntry where Pricebook2Id = '" & pbID & "' and ProductCode = '" & rs("ITEM_NUMBER") & "'"

Set SFPrices = sfdc.Query(strSQL, False)

If sfdc.Error = NO_SF_ERROR Then

If SFPrices.Size > 0 Then

For Each SFPrice In SFPrices

vPrice = SFPrice.item("UnitPrice")

Response.Write " price = " & vPrice
            Next

else

vPrice = 0

strERR = "This part is not active in the selected price book"

End if

else

Response.Write "Cannot make a connection to Salesforce"

End if

rbuchananrbuchanan

figured it out.  There's nothing wrong w/ the code, but i was starting my salesforce session in a sandbox, and apparently, it doesn't jive with the 4.0 version of the toolkit.  I changed the session login to log into production, and the unit prices came back just fine!