function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
fworxfworx 

Can not access Quote Object from Office Toolkit (Version 4.0)

We are using the Office Toolkit (Version 4.0) to interface with the Salesforce data (API). We are successfully retrieving data from various tables but can not access the quote table and quote line items. We receive the following error:

~~~~~~~~~
SForceOfficeToolkit4.SQueryResults4.1 error '80004005'

INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'quote' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
~~~~~~~~~

When we append the '__c' to custom fields we still receive an error. The WSDL does not provide a solution and various posts to the forum refer to the same problem but so far we do not see an answer posted.

Can someone please tell us how we can access the quote object using Office Toolkit (Version 4.0)? We do have quotes enabled for the organization. If there is any question about API version can you please tell us where to find this in the Office Toolkit?

foghornfoghorn

Quotes are only available in api version 18 and up, v4 of the toolkit ships with v13.

What you can try is setting the serverurl on the session object to

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/18.0

before login. 

This should work fine, though you will not get any new meta data about the v18 objects (properties on objects). 

I should stress this is not tested by salesforce and is an unsupported use case (but by all means post any problems back here and I'll see what i can do).

RickARickA

Setting the release number to anything higher than 16 gives you an empty list of SF objects to describe.   Any other suggestions??